These are screenshots from Zelda64 while it was still in development. None of
them ended up in the current version of Zelda64. None of these are artificial,
they came from Nintendo Power magazine.
Interesting information about Ocarina of time while it was under development.
- The Temple of Time was called the "Hall of Time" until June 1998
- In earlier Z-targeting, red arrows represented an enemy, yellow a person,
and green something else
- The soldiers at Hyrule Castle were originally not supposed to throw Link
out when he approached them
- There were going to be street lamps in Hyrule Castle Town
- Death Mountain was originally called "Goron Mountain" and was inhabited by
blue tektites rather than red
- The old name for Link's Deku Stick was "Dekuno Bou" and was then changed
to "Stick of Deku"
- The Deku Tree was to be called "The Tree of Deku"
- Deku Scrubs were called "Deku Nuts"
- Skulltulas were at one time called "Statula" (maybe related to the word
- Deku Baba is the Japanese and American name of the plant like enemy in
- The temporary name for Biri (the jellyfish) was "Billy"
- Link was originally supposed to call Epona with a whistle
- There was going to be an "e" at the end of Navi's name
- Re-Dead was called "Mud-Doll"
- Link was going to have a beam attack with his sword that used magic power.
See picture above
- In development the B icon reads "Whip" while on Epona and the A icon was
for using arrows rather than A reading "Faster" and B being for arrows